big sigh

>> Monday, August 29, 2011

I have a thousand posts half-written in my head, but I can't seem to get here to this space very easily any more. If I am not working, I am soaking up every last drop of time with my boys before this delicious summer comes to a close in just a couple of short days. So much happens all at once this time of year, with school starting and birthdays and anniversaries and so many memories rising up amid it all. I hope to get some of my thoughts and stories down, but tonight, after working and going for a run and having dinner and playing with the kids and snuggling them into bed; instead of writing, I looked through my photos from our camping trip a week ago (last one of the summer... :sob:) and my heart, once again, is full to bursting with joy and riches.

Look at these people. Would you look at my gorgeous little people?

IMG_4761

IMG_4504

IMG_4890

IMG_4701

IMG_4824

IMG_4485

IMG_4684

I love them so.

IMG_4925

And by the way, I love Madison with all my heart, but I do believe the shores of Lake Michigan will always be my home.

:Big sigh:

Maggie May August 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I love your enormous love and joy, and lakes, and you look amazingly beautiful and in the prime of your life.

Brigitte August 30, 2011 at 5:46 AM

Oh it looks so beautiful and peaceful and I'm sure you have wonderful memories there. Yes your boys are SUPER CUTE! I'm a mamma of 3 boys also, the youngest being just 3 months, and it's always so good to hear about your own experiences with your 3 boys and what I can expect of sorts...!
Enjoy your last few days of summer holidays with your precious family x

Corinne August 30, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Those pictures... oh my goodness. Your boys are getting so big! That last one just steals my heart. Wish we could meet at a beach one day... :)

Christine August 30, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Your photos are spectacular! And can I tell you, this summer has unfolded so much the same for me. It feels like one long exhale, and yet also an overabundance of business that just keeps me from writing.

Jamie August 30, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Oh the blonde toe-heads! I love mine too!! Summer is always too quick. Always.

Grumble Girl August 31, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Oh my lovely friend,

How rich you are indeed. Love it all - enjoy everything. Now, and always. xox

Adventures In Babywearing September 2, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Love Lake Michigan! We miss you. And your beautiful family.

Lynda June 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Elizabeth,

I stumbled onto your blog from a link posted on Miles' blog. It's great to see you again and read about your beautiful family. I hope there is some way to preserve your blog so that your boys can read it when they are adults.