clunk

>> Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sometimes you try to roll with it

only to discover

your wheels are square.

clunk.

I'm trying, man. But sometimes this is hard.

Ann Imig July 24, 2010 at 7:23 AM

IF I was a person who felt comfortable talking to and about God publicly I MIGHT say during these times

"Thank you SO SO MUCH God for these lessons YOU KEEP THROWING my way. OH YES LORDY I am so VERY THANKFUL for these BOULDERS I keep having to dodge and TARPITS I am surfing. OBVIOUSLY this is EXACTLY what I need right now. SO THANK YOU O MERCIFUL ONE"

;)

Lindsey July 24, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Yes. I have square wheels lately too. And no words.
Clunk, clunk, clunk.
Thank you for your companionship on this road!

Jo@Mylestones July 24, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I don't know what it is you're facing that is so hard. But I think I know enough about who you are to know that, wheels round or square, you are going to turn the corner (be it atop wheels round or square), holding strong, knowing you gave it everything you had, knowing that it's going to be enough.
Hang in there, friend.

togetherforgood July 24, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I feel ya, friend. I really do.

emily wierenga July 24, 2010 at 10:01 AM

oh, this is well written. and so true. it's with the clunks that we need the soft edges of Jesus' cloak, no? keep clunking, friend, for his strength is made perfect...

Grumble Girl July 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Oh my dear woman, I KNOW!! I know. I know.

Remember the awesome song..."At first. I was. Afraid. I was petrified..." The groovy bass-line slinks along... you will survive, baby. We all will. (By the skin of our teeth some days, but still.) We will survive. And? We will WIN!!

Clunk, clunk, clunk... xoxoxoxoxox

Maggie May July 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM

me too. i think you can hear me coming from down the block.

Laura July 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM

It IS hard, and sometimes you just have to come out and acknowledge that. Just remember, there are moms all over the place with incredible (metaphorical) biceps who've clunked the same path!

Liza July 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM

It always seems like i'm having those moments!

Hyacynth July 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

This is how I've been feeling lately, too. Square wheels. Brilliant. Seriously.

Misty July 24, 2010 at 10:09 PM

i can't possibly add any more to what's been agreed to already, but this has been a HARD week for me, clunking clunking away.
virtual hugs and a cup of coffee proffered in empathy!!

anymommy July 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I get this, so elegantly and succinctly said.